Brake Service and Repairs
A Brake Service is obviously required if you hit the brakes and your car takes longer to stop.. But did you know there are less noticeable warning signs that you must be aware of to ensure your safety when travelling on the road.
If you notice any of the following symptoms - you need to get your brakes checked:
- There is a spongy soft or harder feel to your brake pedal
- The brake pedal seems low
- During braking your vehicle loses grip
- Your vehicle veers to the left or right when braking
- You feel a stutter in your steering wheel when stopping
- When braking there is a high pitched squeak or squeal
If you notice any of these symptoms, contact us at Prompt Auto Repairs as soon as possible.
Brakes are the number one most important part of your safety; forgetting their regular service means you are risking your own, and your families lives. Braking systems need to be checked over at every service and by a qualified professional.
At Prompt Auto Repairs we offer a free 65 point safety check with every car service that we perform, and advise you if we feel there are any immediate safety concerns, and offer the advised repairs or service. Our written report will also let you know if there are requirements in the near future you should plan for.
As part of this inspection we check over the brake system components including:
- Front Brake Pads/Shoes
- Front Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Front Calipers
- Front Brake Hoses/Clips/Springs
- Rear Brake Pads/Shoes
- Rear Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Brake Fluid
Call Prompt Auto Repairs today for any of your Car Service needs and to claim your free safety check with any car service!